Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Handprint and Footprint Art



 
I saw this adorable idea on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I just had to recreate it before my children were way too big to do this project.
The original project came from over here at Southern Fried Gal but I did mine a little differently since my children are older.
 
What you will need:
 
2 canvases
Black Acrylic paint
White Acrylic paint
Orange Acrylic paint
paint brushs
 
 
These canvases are 10 x 8 but you can use whatever size you like.  These came in a package of 10 from Micheals and were on sale for $14.99 (reg. $19.99).  My sister had purchased them for a project and left the extras here so I used a couple.
 
 
Paint one orange and one black with your acrylic paints.
Let dry completely. 
My orange took 2 coats to fully cover it.
 


Now it's time for the fun part. 
My son opted to have his hand painted and my daughter her foot.  I would have bet money and lost that they would have wanted to do the same one.  Hooray for one less fight!
Firmly press their little hand or foot to the canvas and make sure you press down all the little piggies and fingers too.
 
 
Let these dry completely.
Once dry, you can start adding in decorations and painting faces.  I used a pencil and pressed lightly to outline the spider web designs and words then went over it in paint.
Let dry.
And there you have it.  A fun and festive halloween craft to do with the kids. 
 


 
Cost of this project:
 
Practically nothing.  I had everything on hand already.
 
The canvases will be the most expensive part of this craft.  However Micheals sells them in packages of 10 and alot of times you can find a coupon in the newspaper or online to offset the cost a bit.  If you don't think that you will ever use up 10 of them, you can always buy them seperately or even make your own.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment