Sunday, August 19, 2012

Halloween Candelabra




I recently saw an awesome DIY candelabra on Pinterest.  Since Halloween is my favorite holiday and it's fast approching, I just had to create one myself.  The inpiration for mine came from Sawdust and Paper Scraps.  She made hers a floor length one but I wanted mine to be shorter so I could set it on my end table. 
This morning I decided to take a trip to Goodwill to see what I could find.  Now she used a regular chandelier to create hers but they didn't have any at my store.   Instead they had this little gem for taper candles and an old lamp base.


I had the husband tear the lamp apart.  I then attached the candle holder to the top of the lamp base with some glue and took it outside to paint it.


I just used a black satin spray paint.
I also spray painted 4 bead necklaces black.
This is the (somewhat) finished product.  I still need to pick up some candles to go in it but I think it turned out super cute.



The whole project cost me less than $8. 
Lamp base was $5.38
Candle holder $2.38
Spray paint, bead necklaces, and glue I already had on hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment